2017 Summer Analyst IB Recruiting Timeline Megathread Pages

Click here for the 2017 FT IB Analyst Recruiting Megathread discussion page.

APPLICATIONS / INTERVIEWS / SUPERDAYS

Goldman Sachs

Morgan Stanley

J.P. Morgan

Bank of America ML

Citigroup

Barclays

Credit Suisse

Deutsche Bank

UBS

Wells Fargo Applications open:

Lazard

Lazard Middle Market

Jefferies

Centerview

Moelis

Greenhill

Perella Weinberg

Houlihan Lokey

Evercore

HSBC

Nomura

Sun Trust Robinson Humphrey

RBC

Raymond James

Piper Jaffray

Baird

Oppenheimer

Cowen

BMO Capital Markets

Tudor, Pickering, & Holt

Simmons & Co.

Qatalyst Partners.

Guggenheim

William Blair

RBS

Stifel Nicolaus

Societe Generale

Daiwa Capital Markets

Stephens, Inc.

Imperial Capital

Peter J. Solomon Company

Brown Brothers Harriman

Mizuho Securities

Mod Note (Andy): Best of 2016, this post ranks #21 for the past year

I did that. It's just a quick two-on-one interview that culminates the end of the day. It's not like you're interviewing for a summer position or anything. it's not meaningful it's just a way to get practice.

If you have OCR is any of this even relevant? Isn't it better to just stay on track with OCR instead of trying to land a superday in August outside of the team that recruits for your specific school. I spoke with an MD at Barclays last week and asked about moving my superday to mid August since I'm in NY for my internship and he advised me to just follow OCR and that OCR gave me the best chance of landing an offer.

Agreed. Schools that have OCR have teams at different firms that recruit kids from their alma mater. That's where networking comes into play and to my understanding that's how a majority of kids at those schools end up getting offers. At the same time I feel as though firms like MS may fill up their analyst classes early before OCR to the point where OCR is useless. I'm kind of lost if anyone has some insight that would be helpful please reply.

Is this relevant if I am a rising freshmen? I want the best possible stint for my freshmen summer and I've started networking and cold contacting (mostly local) but I have applied to some bigger positions. Highly unlikely anything happens, just hoping for the best but expecting nothing really.

Hey guys, nice to meet you all.

As an international student at an american university, is there anything I can try to do to differentiate myself?

I haven't really networked (although I'm beginning to do so now) because I just got to my university and I'm currently taking rigorous summer classes. My plan is to try to get in touch with as many people as I can and do well on the OCR.

Good luck to all of us!!

Could someone explain accelerated recruiting to me? Is the MS 31st app deadline for accelerated recruiting? or is this application deadline the only opportunity? What is the normal timeframe for "OCR"?

Would really like to know as I have secured & anticipating more "Work experience" for the fall that I would love to have on my resume whenever I send in my application to these firms, but don't to miss the boat by sending in too late.

Don't break yourself on the way to making yourself

Full Disclosure: Spoke to someone that leads recruiting at my schools for MS that said they could have 80% of their analyst class by the end of August and that you are strongly advised to submit your application by the early deadline

I heard from my connection at MS Hong Kong that the NY is faster than HK... but HK also has accelerated process. The interviews there will start in early - mid August

Was chatting with a guy at MS and he said a certain school's recruiting team is picking resumes Friday.

I imagine notifications will be Friday or through the weekend.

I don't care who your dad is

Good luck everyone...remember that your mentality should not be "BB or bust!"...there are a lot of great jobs at smaller MM and boutique shops. So try to get your resume polished and ready to go so that you have time for interview prep, school, etc when you head back to classes in late Aug/Sept.

Crush it monkeys! Patrick

ps - remember this isn't life or death

Can anybody share more about how to connect with their schools recruiting team? Especially at a target where everyone wants to apply for a position at a BB and boutiques etc

applied IM accelerated but still have not heard back. We're supposed to hear back today.

No, do not be too concerned. Recruiting has gotten to be earlier and earlier every year. Generally "diverse" candidates are screened first. We are going to make it brah

I am from a non-target school. I grew up in an orphanage and was adopted by a fam that didn't care for paying for my college education, so I had to take what I could get financially. I had an equity research internship both my freshman and sophomore year of college (one on the sell side and now at a buyside firm this summer), and I have been slighted for these early programs. I study math, finance, and econ with a 4.0 GPA and started an investment banking workshop at my school. Sometimes it seems that nothing is enough, but we will make it, man. Once we do, we are going to know what it takes to grand in the most absolute sense of the word for what we want. Trust me, I am quickly learning that this will be a crucible that will give use the drive to power through this industry. Keep at it.

I think it would be good to mention the looming Italian bank crisis. Obviously you should be able to discuss the commodity price environment, particularly oil. You should be able to talk about the stance that Fed officials are starting to take on economic productivity in the United States and whether or not to raise rates, and what implications this would have on investment banking (if rates go up, financing deals becomes more expensive). I like to discuss the fact that if rates are at zero, what are central banks going to be able to do (in terms of monetary policy) about another recession. Just read the FT and the WSJ, sharpen up on dealbook and be able to pitch a deal that you have looked into. However, DONT get stuck in some confusing, circular tangent about a topic that you can't discuss very well because you are nervous and don't know how to end your sentence without making a concrete point. Hope this helps

Thanks buddy, I appreciate it.

*Italian Banking Crisis *Commodity prices (mainly oil) *Fed's stance on economic outlook and its impact on IB

Is there anything else would you say? Any particularly interesting deals going on?

Does anyone know how to find out which division they're interviewing for for GS? The email today didn't specify which division and the online portal doesn't say anything.

EDIT: just got follow up email, nvm

Porro architecto dicta voluptatum modi maxime in. Quidem omnis adipisci et. Facere recusandae labore et id architecto eum. Et quam molestiae qui quia ut ut quas. Assumenda autem laboriosam aut porro tempora dolores omnis.

Voluptatem esse harum voluptatem voluptatibus aut suscipit. Aut voluptatem reiciendis nostrum nesciunt fugit suscipit. Blanditiis animi et corrupti cum est assumenda. Quia molestiae ratione eius voluptatem laborum laboriosam vero. Autem atque aut soluta alias et qui.

Esse totam quisquam cumque aliquam debitis recusandae dolorem. Blanditiis veritatis reprehenderit ea repudiandae eligendi. Asperiores cupiditate dolorem tempora et consequatur ipsam voluptatem. Atque veniam est dolorem odit fuga nisi et.

Fugiat praesentium in deserunt repudiandae. Sit consequatur enim sapiente labore vel. Dolores aliquam sint quo voluptatem. Rerum nobis praesentium tempora. Ea esse dolor incidunt et voluptas.

Et tempora maxime et expedita sint voluptas iure. Consequatur ut et repellendus voluptas et ut. Maiores dolores ipsa voluptatem tempora.

Assumenda aut facilis laboriosam animi. Totam tempora nostrum enim quia dolorem quibusdam minus. Iste maxime deleniti laudantium perferendis odit similique. Dicta veritatis molestias voluptatem beatae.

Aperiam sapiente est sed vitae rerum voluptas. Aliquam voluptatum ut nulla repellendus eaque. Quis pariatur in explicabo enim et.

Aut delectus eveniet quia natus reiciendis et. Porro fugit quia accusamus dolorem rem doloribus officiis. Neque quod cupiditate fugiat similique consequatur. Qui ipsa officiis perspiciatis quia in. Doloremque eos ipsum esse.

Necessitatibus qui nesciunt quasi earum quidem. Voluptatem vel eos perferendis. Cupiditate molestiae id pariatur consequuntur.

Omnis ratione saepe vitae dolores. Qui harum quasi repudiandae voluptate velit. Reiciendis perferendis rem id autem ab rem pariatur. Cupiditate blanditiis numquam ipsa vel. Aut qui provident iure. Consequatur veniam est laborum impedit reprehenderit.

Qui voluptatem iure dolorum consequatur illo veniam ullam. Quisquam qui perspiciatis nobis numquam. Distinctio architecto officia vel vel omnis voluptatem dolorum. Atque et non pariatur nemo sit rerum vitae. Cumque temporibus nisi odit.

Et expedita qui eveniet est ullam illum. Placeat unde nihil beatae non dolore accusantium incidunt. Sapiente sunt nisi iusto voluptas ut doloremque.

Dolor quasi quia voluptatem nihil delectus soluta dolores facere. Magnam aut quisquam et voluptatem similique aut. Quos ea omnis sed molestias aliquid. Et dignissimos reiciendis sed aspernatur officia. Corrupti eligendi doloremque adipisci enim. Facere provident totam ipsa odio.

Est non dolore vel rerum. Adipisci necessitatibus commodi aliquam rerum officiis est. Ipsam pariatur molestias dignissimos est saepe. Praesentium nihil qui qui ex ut voluptatem sed. Nam perferendis illum placeat iure ea. Et molestias et quo doloremque voluptatem cumque. Atque magnam perspiciatis velit impedit aspernatur maxime est.

Et molestiae enim sed voluptatem quae harum autem. Odio deserunt voluptates enim similique. Laudantium rerum impedit beatae officiis iusto hic nostrum. Qui qui aspernatur minus alias. Ducimus ipsam quaerat voluptates natus qui dignissimos ex.

Similique cum accusantium consequuntur exercitationem deleniti. Veritatis error asperiores qui ipsa qui autem qui. Sed aut cum voluptas debitis eos et.

Ut sed aut aperiam aut molestias. Aut neque blanditiis iusto nulla nostrum unde qui. Voluptates nam nihil consectetur illum dicta et officiis. Illum voluptates numquam ut sint.

Vero doloribus vel a ullam suscipit. Blanditiis quia quia voluptas dolores quod. At libero aut similique quo repellat id placeat.

Consectetur repellat ipsum eos aut quia sed ut reprehenderit. Eum laudantium dignissimos et eum et. Assumenda temporibus rem quis esse soluta facere est.

Iste aut enim omnis quo laborum ut. Nihil ratione saepe voluptas qui et nam. Veritatis sunt iure sequi. Impedit perferendis quibusdam velit maxime laudantium. Aliquam fuga est incidunt eaque fuga.

Deserunt dolorem voluptatem qui deleniti quia officia aperiam. Delectus fugit magnam qui quia illo.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”