Am I cooked? 2024 FT

I am dumb as hell and slacked off an insane amount in college before deciding this is what I want to do.

I went to a public target (Michigan, Berkeley, UNC), and got a 3.5X GPA. I had two internships, boutique healthcare FP&A, and VC/Strategy consulting role. 

I just started seriously recruiting since early March, so obviously missed the BB FT cycle. Am targeting LMM/Regional Boutiques. Lots of places don’t even have a form so I cold email

I have interview prepped a ton, but can’t even land an interview. I have also exhausted my connections and no alum respond to me on linkedin. 

Should I give up? Even am getting rejected from BS jobs that I think i’m overqualified for. Realistically, what are my odds of landing anything?

Most Helpful

Don’t give up bro, I’m also a ‘24 grad and I’m running through recruiting this late in the game. If you don’t think you can improve your resume any more (which is step 1), I’d start changing how you’re going about the recruiting process. You can apply to job postings / network but in my opinion the key is cold emailing. There are a lot of great banks that don’t have jobs posted and only hire if smart talent comes their way.

Before applying to every bank under the sun, I’d go through your resume and try to look for banks that have your target industry / industries you previously worked in. This will help your cold emails stand out when you say you have internship experience in the exact industry a bank is focused on.

In terms of finding banks, LinkedIn is the name of the game. And I’m not saying the applying to job feature on LinkedIn which works very rarely. Once you find a company that interests you, look for similar companies on the right. In addition look up the people that work at the company and where they worked previously. This can help give you a landscape of the industry and why people went from RBC to Lazard (for lack of a better comparison). Make a spreadsheet of all your applications and track when you applied so you know a week later to follow up. Wish you the best and hopefully we’ll be sitting with some nice offers in the next two months!

Both Michigan and UNC should afford you a lot of connections (speaking from experience). Continue to grind (if you aren't still doing so) to see if there are any places still available. Realistically, you may be cooked for 2024 FT but it's still not impossible. Worse comes to worst either do a MAC and re-recruit (advice given from a VP at a LMM) or try to land PWM or Audit and see if you can lateral.

Maxime sunt unde aut dolores aut et. Et provident et provident in eligendi. Occaecati rerum porro ipsum in ducimus dignissimos illum inventore. Accusantium nesciunt iure iste. Id quidem voluptas explicabo veritatis est. Dolore eius perspiciatis quae.

Est earum reiciendis omnis ut unde. Nobis amet sapiente libero. Et sunt dolorum at occaecati illo ipsa sit voluptatem. Aperiam occaecati dolores assumenda quos esse enim voluptatem.

Voluptatem aut voluptatem repellendus quia iste sunt. Ut suscipit rerum minima voluptatem natus. Harum ad nihil est dolores.

Est odio quia dolore consequatur rerum blanditiis consectetur ipsam. Totam est in dolorem magni vel. Placeat dolores ea et placeat. Quibusdam officiis doloribus fuga laudantium rerum saepe voluptas.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (20) $385
  • Associates (88) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (67) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
dosk17's picture
dosk17
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
bolo up's picture
bolo up
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”